About ORG CHEM Group, LLC
ORG CHEM Group is a custom chemical processor, as well as a supplier of specialty products and technical services.
- Founded in 1979
- Currently owned by Owner’s Resource Group of Austin, Texas
- 115 employees at three facilities in the United States
- Core competency in short path distillation
- Specializing in the distillation of high boiling / heat sensitive materials
- Largest U.S. producer of ASTM compliant glycol from spent automotive anti-freeze
- Services include toll processing, contract manufacturing, and chemical maintenance programs
- Products include glycols, waxes, synthetic organic heat transfer fluids, aromatic oils & pitch, gas patch amines, and sodium nitrite
- Safety – Above all, we value and strive to ensure the safety of our employees, customers, vendors, and neighbors.
- Quality – We maintain the highest quality standards in what we make and how we make it. We are committed to continuous improvement in all aspects of our enterprise.
- Integrity – We strictly adhere to the highest ethical and professional standards in how we conduct our business and we insist upon the same from our customers and vendors.
- Innovation – We acknowledge the importance of innovation and continuous improvement. They are hallmarks of our enterprise and the foundation of our reputation in the markets we serve.
- People – We believe people are most productive when they are treated with respect, work in an environment that fosters teamwork, and are fairly compensated for performance that is quantitatively and equitably evaluated.
Reduce the footprint of our industry by extracting residual value from materials that can be returned to the market in safe, sustainable, and cost effective ways.
To safely provide quality products and services that add value and improve sustainability.
Philosophy and Activities
CHEM Group has been purifying, recycling, and recovering chemicals in key sectors of our industry for nearly 40 years.
Today, we are widely recognized for many of the unique strategies we’ve developed to accomplish this.
Market Segments/Typical Chemicals
CHEM Group’s entry into market segments has been based on our ability to apply our core technology, short path distillation to all types of heat sensitive chemicals. Over the years, CHEM Group has added processing capabilities for traditional column distillation, purification, pastillation, blending and reacting. These additional technologies have allowed CHEM Group to reprocesses numerous types of materials. Some typical chemicals that we handle are:
- Fatty Acids
- Epoxy resins
- Decant oils
- High aromatic oils
- Lube oil additives
- Synthetic lubricants
- Catalyst Recovery
- Cutting Oils
- Glycol ethers
- Glycol esters
- Glycol bottoms
- Heat Transfer Fluids
- Hydraulic Fluids
- Mineral Spirits
- Phosphate Esters
- Rolling Oils
- Specialty Solvents
CHEM Group operates three facilities in the central United States. Each site has the ability to perform our key distillation process technologies; short path, vacuum and simple distillation. Individual sites have the capabilities to perform atmospheric and vacuum fractionation and reaction chemistry.